Counseling for Depression at Braden Counseling Center
Everyone experiences sadness. It is when that feeling of deep unhappiness stays with you night and day, and that there might be a problem. It is neither expected nor necessary to live with such feelings. The counselors at the Elgin branch of Braden Counseling Center can help you today.
Depression is a very prevalent emotion in today’s world. Perhaps because of the intensity with which many of us live, there are times that life simply overwhelms us. Losing a job, being arrested, drug abuse, losing a loved one, and grief are all examples of life changes that can be hard to pull away from, but that list continues to grow every day.
A Quick Assessment on Depression
Here is a quick checklist to help identify depression. You or the sufferer might:
- Feel sad or depressed all day long. In children or teens, this usually takes the forms of anger or irritability.
- Have no interest in things that normally make you happy. This can occur with people and activities.
- Have gained or lost a lot of weight.
- Have experienced significant changes in appetite. This might manifest as overeating or a complete loss of appetite.
- Have difficulty sleeping. You find yourself either sleeping too much or way too little.
- Have trouble putting your mind at rest because of the agitation you feel constantly. You may also feel as if your body movements have slowed way down.
- Feel tired most of the time. Even simple tasks can become monumental.
- Experience feelings of worthlessness. This could be due to a past trauma or event in your current life that needs further explanation.
- Feel guilt regarding events in your life and feel that life is spinning out of control.
- Find it difficult to stop negative thoughts.
- Feel aches and pains in your body that you cannot explain.
- Have thoughts of suicide or death. (If these are intense, seek immediate help through a local crisis center).
Notably, teenagers will seem more irritable, grouchy and angry. Also, men often find themselves unable to express feelings of hopelessness and sadness, because they perceive excessive emotions as a weakness and will ignore them. Male depression often takes the form of alcohol abuse, anger, substance abuse, and aggression.
Depression is a serious disease, and it manifests itself differently in different people. Gender and age can make a difference. This is why it is so important for you to consider counseling for depression and anxiety at our Elgin, IL center, so we can evaluate your needs right now.
Counseling for depression is a phone call away at our Elgin office. Do not let feelings of sadness or worthlessness continue to harass you day and night. There is help out there. There are resources to help you to recognize what you are going through, cope with it, and eradicate it from your life.
How Our Elgin, IL Depression Counselors Can Help You
Fortunately, if you are living in Elgin, IL, depression counseling is closer than you may realize. At our counseling center, it is our goal to teach you the skills you need to manage your life successfully every day. We can help you live your life to the fullest without drugs, without alcohol, and without reacting to life’s events in destructive ways.
We have helped many clients lead successful lives, and we can do the same for you. Our Elgin counseling center offers to you:
- A Free Initial Consultation– Come see us and we will evaluate what we can do to ease the burdens in your life.
- Flexible Scheduling That Includes Weeknights– It is difficult to fit in appointments when you have to be at work. We will work with you to see you at times that suit your schedule.
- Verify Your Insurance Benefits– This is important so that our clients know how much they will be responsible for paying and ensure that it is manageable.
- Cash and Credit Card Payments– Our payment options are designed to help you get the help you need.
- Counseling and Medication Services– We offer numerous counseling services for a variety of reasons. The local counselors for depression at our Elgin, IL center are here to speak with you.
- Same-Day DUI Evaluations– We help to capture your emotions right away when a DUI occurs.
You and your counselor will work together to determine whether counseling alone is the right solution for you, or if medication will be an effective treatment. For those with less severe symptoms, they are often astounded when counseling alone modifies or erases depression entirely.
Our staff is trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT. Our team will use CBT to bring about changes in the way you think, feel, and act. This interrupts destructive cycles, freeing you from habits that may perpetuate depression and difficulties that contribute to depression.
Our counselors are trained to help you discover the roots of your depression. Once they make a determination, they will create a plan to help you change the way you feel about yourself. This is just the first step of many that will transform your life. Everyone deserves the chance to meet the day head-on with happiness and pleasant anticipation.
Once it is accurately assessed, our counselors for depression at the Elgin, IL center will provide therapy to individuals, families, and couples. When couples and families work together, the results are often surprising to everyone. We can help identify your strengths and vulnerabilities, and we can introduce new skills to take the place of unwanted behaviors.
Depression does not just affect one person; it hits everyone you know and love. Our depression counseling program at our Elgin center helps families increase communication and move towards more harmonious relationships for everyone. Overcoming challenges is part of what we do.
If you or someone you know appears to be depressed, the checklist above can help you confirm the possibility. Do not hesitate to contact us or share our details. The goal at Braden Counseling Center is to use our skills to help those with depression find their way out of the darkness, and we can help you or your loved one today.