Sycamore, IL Counseling for Depression at Braden Counseling Center
At Braden Counseling Center, we understand the dangers of depression and take our treatment of it very seriously. The health of our clients, including their mental health, is of utmost importance. Working with one of our counselors can help you feel like you have always wanted to feel.
It is no secret that everyone feels down sometimes, and that occasionally sadness will creep in. It is a typical response to the overwhelming events that happen to us every day. However, if these feelings of sadness and worthlessness become the most prevalent emotion in our life, it is time to seek help.
The local counselors for depression we employ at our Sycamore, IL location have assisted many people over the years feel better about themselves, and they can help you too. If you are experiencing depression, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
The first step in the counseling process is to meet with one of our therapists to figure out what is going on. In your first session, you will tell them about your life, what is bothering you, what is going well and what is not, and simply why you are there. These sessions are in a confidential and safe environment.
After that, your counselor will schedule further sessions to help you get to where you need to be. You no longer need to feel isolated or hopeless. Through successful therapy, you can find ways to recognize when depression is creeping in and learn how to cope with the symptoms.
Symptoms of Depression
Contact Braden Counseling Center today if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Life is not as enjoyable as it once was, including the things that are important to you.
- You no longer want to do the things you used to or participate in activities that used to make you happy.
- Your weight has fluctuated dramatically, and your friends and family have noticed the change.
- You are having problems with your sleep cycle, either sleeping too much or not enough.
- Your body movements have slowed, which has led to feelings of agitation and restlessness.
- You are feeling guilt over trauma from your past or current events.
- It is impossible for you to concentrate or make decisions, even ones that are not difficult.
- You have overwhelming feelings of worthlessness to the point where you are frequently crying.
- You have aches and pains that are unexplained all over your body.
- You have had thoughts of suicide or that life is not worth the trouble. If you have had these thoughts, please contact your local crisis center immediately.
Depression is a very real emotion, and it affects people in a variety of negative ways. It can lead to appetite changes, fatigue, aches and pains, and a host of new and unexplained feelings that you did not have in the past.
If you are feeling that your life is spiraling out of control, please contact the counselors for depression at our Sycamore, IL location. Depression often manifests seemingly out of nowhere, but there is always a reason that we feel that way. It could be circumstantial, chemical, or emotional, but the reason is there. You might also be at risk if mental health issues have affected other people in your family as often these problems are hereditary.
What Our Sycamore, IL Counseling Center Can Do
- We can give you flexible scheduling options because we understand that during the day, during the week, is not always an option.
- We offer a free initial consultation that will allow you to speak with a counselor and find out their recommendations.
- We can find what resources fit you the best through counseling and medication services.
- We have both cash and credit card payment options.
- We will verify your insurance so you know what is covered and what will be expected of you.
- We also offer same-day DUI evaluations.
After our counselors have had their initial consultation, they will begin to find a treatment plan that works for you. We can give you the option of having couples, individual, or family therapy sessions.
There are times when finding alternative, yet effective, behavioral changes can make the biggest difference in depression sufferers. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is there to help you replace the behaviors destroying your life with new ways that are constructive in helping you rebuild who you are and how you feel.
It is unfortunate that not everyone is comfortable in talking about their depression, but there are typical ways in which people show it. Teenagers and children will do this differently than adults, usually through irritability and anger. Traditionally men have trouble expressing their emotions, usually because they have been brought up with the idea that having emotions is a sign of weakness. This inability to express themselves will lead to aggression, anger, or substance and alcohol abuse. The depression counselors at the Sycamore, IL office of Braden Center can help show you or your loved one how to recognize when these emotions occur, and what they can do to quell them.
The depression counseling center we have in Sycamore, IL employs a clinical staff specializing in a vast array of multidisciplinary therapeutic options. They are licensed, certified, and available to help you find your way to a better life.
Through therapy sessions, you will learn new ways to stand up to the negative emotions that have taken over your life, and how to deal with it in the future. We will teach you techniques that will fill your life with brightness and hope, instead of feelings of worthlessness and sadness.
Braden Counseling Center is here to help those in the Sycamore, IL area with counseling for depression and anxiety. Do not let depression rule your life anymore. Counseling is the perfect way to change your life for the better. You will learn how to cope with life, no matter what obstacles it puts in your path.
You might feel like you are lost. The depression counselors at our Sycamore branch will help you find yourself. We can help you through simple counseling sessions, for example through the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or with the help of medication. The professional staff that we employ will work with you to figure out the best way to treat your symptoms.
The path to a brighter life is in your hands. Contact Braden Counseling Center today and allow us to show you how depression counseling can turn your life around.